January 30, 2019
Today is Matt’s birthday! It has become one of my favorite days to celebrate because it’s the day he graced us with his presence. I wanted to take a moment today to wish him the happiest of birthdays and share why I love him so much.
My dear Matt,
You’re another year older! This is the second birthday that I get to celebrate with you. From last year’s birthday to this year’s, so much has changed for us. We went from newly dating to getting engaged! Over the last twelve months we’ve experienced so many amazing adventures and I know our greatest adventures are still ahead of us. There is no one I’d rather be on this journey with. There is so much I love and like about you! Here’s a few of my favorite things about you that are worth mentioning:
– When we get home, even though you unlock the door, you always let me get in first. You literally open the door then wait for me to go in. I appreciate that so much, especially in the Winter!
– You always drive us around. You know I only drive because I have to but would much rather just be the passenger. You’re a great pilot and I’m thankful to be your co-pilot.
– When I’m freaking out because I have all these big ideas but don’t know how to make them happen just yet, you calm me down. You never say I’m crazy, you simply bring me back to Earth so we can start creating a plan to make all our dreams come true.
– Even though you wouldn’t consider yourself a “cat-person,” you love our cats. You cut up little pieces of food for them and don’t complain when they wake you up early in the morning.
– We can talk about anything. For hours! We never run out of things to say and I love when we talk about the future. You make me feel like anything is possible.
– You can make anything fun. Grocery shopping turns into a hilarious adventure and vacuuming now becomes a game.
– You’re going to make the best dad someday. It’s one of the reasons I knew I wanted to marry you. You are amazing with kids and I know how much you value being there for the people you love. You help all those around you!
– When it comes to fast food and snacks, you love all the weird things I love. So I know I can enjoy pickles and Taco Bell and not be judged. Except for olives, I don’t know why you don’t like them!
– You’re always up for anything. Whether it’s traveling somewhere new, just making a fort out of couch cushions, or participating in one of the many photo shoots I set up for us – I know I can count on you to make it an adventure.
– You see the best in people. You give them the benefit of the doubt. You’ve taught me so much about patience and finding goodness in everyone.
I could go on and on. You are the best partner I could ever ask for and I cannot wait to marry you. Your friends and family members are lucky to have you in their lives. You make everything better and you bring joy to so many people. We are all better people for knowing you. Happy birthday, my love! Now let’s go celebrate!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.