December 28, 2022
This is always the biggest post of the year, my favorite wedding moments of 2022. I start with hundreds of favorites and it takes FOREVER to narrow it down. Somehow I still always end up with hundreds of images I want to share. It’s so hard to choose. Every time I look at these images, it makes me want to cry thinking about these magical days.
This year, I separated this post into two parts – one with the weddings I personally photographed and one with the weddings my STP Associates photographed. In the past I’ve always combined them but I really wanted to highlight just how amazing my associates are. You can see their beautiful wedding photos in the previous post.
If I’m being honest, I was completely unsure with how this season would go. It was my first wedding season as a new mama and I photographed my first wedding back 9 weeks after having Sophia. Because of this, I made sure not to book as many weddings as I normally do and try to space out the weddings I had so I could take lots of breaks. I wanted to give my couples the very best! With each wedding I had to now worry about how my body would handle the day, carving out times and places to pump, and thinking about how Sophia would do without me.
To my surprise, the season went better than I could have ever imagined! My couples were SO kind and considerate, especially when it came to pumping on the day. I thought I would spend the days missing my baby and of course, there were moments I did. I probably said goodbye to her about one million times before I was finally out the door before each wedding. But as soon as I strapped on my cameras, I went into full photographer mode and focused on creating the best images for my couples and their loved ones.
This season was all about grace and balance. Even as a new mama, I realized I am still a photographer and a business owner. I still love my job and the people I get to meet with every wedding. It’s such an honor to be the one to document these important days.
Unforgettable moments from this year include:
– Discovering new venues and photo shoot locations in Washington
– Meeting wonderful new couples and vendors with each wedding
– Traveling back to Wisconsin for a wedding with Sophia (her first plane ride!)
– Being able to continue my breastfeeding journey by pumping on each wedding day (I pumped everywhere – in bathrooms, outside by trash cans – you name it, I found places!)
– Getting published in numerous blogs and magazines, including the Fall/Winter issue of Seattle Bride
– Taking a little family trip to Bellingham for a wedding (Sophia’s first hotel visit!)
– Working with some new amazing second photographers around Washington
– Never having to deal with rain or snow this year (it’s a miracle!)
– Witnessing some of the sweetest and unexpected moments on wedding days
Thank you to my amazing 2022 couples! Your kindness and grace helped make this season so successful! Thank you to my wonderful husband who cared for our daughter so well while I worked that I never worried about her once.
Be the first to comment