June 17, 2022
I’m SO excited to share this beautiful room we spent weeks crafting and obsessing over. When designing Sophia’s nursery, I knew I wanted the room to reflect our style – cozy, inviting, with a few vintage or thrifted pieces thrown in. Now this room is easily my new favorite in the house.
A few special things about this room:
– We created the feature wall! Matt built the pieces and I painted! Then our sweet friends painted the rest of the walls a rich, cream color.
– Our glider is a piece my mom found at a sale and Matt brought back to life before we even were pregnant (we brought it from Wisconsin when we moved!) We knew we would use it in our nursery one day.
– SO many pieces are thrifted. We found the mirror at a vintage shop in Snohomish. We found the bookcase and changing table at Restore! Matt fixed up the changing table dresser and it’s SO much more beautiful now. Let me know if you want to see what it looked like before!
– The shelves are lined with tons of books. I’ve been building this book collection for years, long before I was ever pregnant (there are even more in bins for when she’s a bit older.) Reading is so important to me and I hope I get to share that with Sophia.
– I have toys, blankets, and clothes that belonged to me, my dad, and my grandma! So many sweet pieces that will continue to be passed down.
We love spending time in here now. I hope Sophia loves this room some day as much I do!
(Side note: I staged pieces of the nursery for these photos. We will definitely be practicing safe sleep and child proofing more things once she’s actually sleeping in here.)